Recent Ways In Which I have Been Shown to Be Adulty
– I taught a colleague how to polish her shoes with shoe polish and brushes.
– I showed another colleague how to use her complicated TV system.
– I made three separate phone calls to sort out a delivery and was clear about what I wanted.
– I helped a friend with her online dating profile and was reassuring about her answers.
– My pot plant is still alive.
– I descaled a kettle and gave instructions on how to do so to a friend.
– I cleaned an oven for a friend who is moving and has no time. I did not break the oven.
– Without a recipe, I made decent Christmas cakes.
– I spoke to the council about taking away an old mattress and took notes rather than freaking out about Not Knowing What To Do.
– I have maintained a calm exterior and offered practical solutions and genuine reassurance to people in (relative) crisis.
– There have been a number of social events with strangers where I have not horribly embarrassed myself or said something tactless.
Recent Ways In which I have Demonstrated I Have Ways To Go
– I’m basically 85% Terry’s Chocolate Orange at the moment. Nutrition has gone out the window.
– The other 15% is juice in a token effort to have some vitamins.
– I have not looked at the replacement mattress for the one I ordered. It could be terrible.
– I dropped glitter stars on my floor, ignored them for two days and got one lodged in the bottom of my foot.
– I have definitely not had enough sleep lately.
– I keep remembering boxes that I have not unpacked, but have stashed away to Deal With Later